Comments

222 Comments

fyi LC_MESSAGES=C doesn't seem to work for me. Also keep in mind that not only am/pm but also us date sequence looks alien to me. Like I drank too many imperial teaspoon pints

Yep, it seems fixed in Firefox in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1409158 I'll try to backport it in the next release.

The easiest would have been no change at all e.g. if it still honered the LC_TIME! Next is documenting the change somewhere findable. But in the end this fall back is enjoyable! Happy again with something that already worked,,, with a human touch.

@notandor: Seems to be even more easy -- try to preserve "intl.locale.matchOS" as default (ie. true), and just run SeaMonkey with LC_MESSAGES=C (and probabaly LC_TIME=C). Actually en_US wiil be used for UI, but no am/pm for times...

Hi buc, that works, thx for the recipe: you make my day!!

@notandor: First, make sure you have "intl.locale.matchOS" set to false (non-default) in about:config (Else all the things will be in the same locale everywhere). Then choose the preferred locale manually in Preferences-->Appearence (US in your case). Then you can start SM with either LC_ALL=whatever or LC_MESSAGES=whatever, and choose the proper "regional settings", which appears to be "whatever"...

karma

looks good

LANG=us_NL.UTF-8 does work! Only for time, date is now 'hidden' (I want text in US, previous LC_TIME =nl did the job)

Browser and mail/news work fine for me.

@notandor: Set LANG=whatever and choose Regional settings in Appearance.

BZ#1830651 seamonkey-2.53.2.source is available
karma

better! if only I could switch off that silly date format am/pm in mail/news. I can choose between US or US in this (and prev version). Guess what I did choose?

BZ#1830651 seamonkey-2.53.2.source is available
karma

Working in RHEL 7.

thanks.

BZ#1808197 seamonkey-2.53.1.source is available
karma

Working on CentOS 8.1 and RHEL 8.1

thanks.

BZ#1811549 [RFE] seamonkey: epel8 build request
BZ#1815109 Calendar (Lightning) not localized after upgrading to seamonkey-2.53
karma

Works on RHEL 7 (EPEL 7)

BZ#1808197 seamonkey-2.53.1.source is available

Works for me.

BZ#1808197 seamonkey-2.53.1.source is available

wfm

Thanks for the clarification (and for trying to clean up the reported mess).

Sure.

But in various CVE's descriptions there is a misundestanding whether "< 1.1.11" or "<= 1.1.11" should be used for affected versions. It leads to a sutiation that there are already two (!) mistaken bugzilla report about this CVE, whereas the problem was actually fixed months ago...

To avoid further mistakes, I just update to the latest 1.1.20.

To trigger any bureaucracy things, I specify "security" and "high", to avoid broken assumptions that there is no proper update after the CVE report.