Comments

47 Comments

This update has been unpushed.

That is strange. The link is seen in the log file

--> x86_64
    build.log (https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/grass/7.4.2/1.fc27/data/logs/x86_64/build.log)

It shows:

"(cd /builddir/build/BUILD/grass-7.4.2/dist.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib; ln -f -s libgrass_dig2.7.4.2.so /builddir/build/BUILD/grass-7.4.2/dist.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_dig2.so)"

Checking the package itself:

wget https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/grass/7.4.2/1.fc27/x86_64/grass-libs-7.4.2-1.fc27.x86_64.rpm

rpm -qpil grass-libs-7.4.2-1.fc27.x86_64.rpm | grep libgrass_dig
/usr/lib64/grass74/lib/libgrass_dig2.7.4.2.so

... the expected symlink is missing. Weird!

User Icon dani commented & provided feedback on grass-7.4.2-1.fc27 2 years ago
karma

/usr/lib64/grass74/lib/libgrass_dig2.7.4.2.so

is missing the symbolic link

/usr/lib64/grass74/lib/libgrass_dig2.so

This is causing failures to software linked to it and prevents QGIS to compile against this version of GRASS,

User Icon dani commented & provided feedback on grass-7.4.2-1.fc28 2 years ago

karma

Works for me.

karma

Works for me.

karma

Works for me. Thanks.

Anything I can do at my end for this?

We need a rebuild in a buildroot override and push the two together.

I'm happy to push anytime but I don't want to break the related QGIS package... not sure how to proceed (volter?)

User Icon dani commented & provided feedback on grass-7.4.1-1.fc28 2 years ago
karma

Any chance to get this pushed to stable?

Also, I failed to notice the new 2.18 releases, because release-monitoring only cared about the 3.0s.

User Icon dani commented & provided feedback on grass-7.4.1-1.fc28 2 years ago
karma

As I wrote in the bugzilla issue the upgrade of GRASS will never fix the linked issue. The problem is QGIS, not GRASS: 1) QGIS must be recompiled against any newer version of GRASS and 2) the version available in official Feodra repo is too old (QGIS 2.18.20 is ok, but 2.18.16 is too old).

That's why I'm currently maintaining three COPR repos (qgis, qgis-ltr and qgis-testing) with QGIS for Fedora. I tried some time ago to get in touch with the current maintainer of QGIS with no success, then I'm forced to stay on COPR.

karma

I also don't know. :( It has been more than 3 months since qgis was last built successfully in fedora repo. This update works for me, with a local build of qgis.

I agree but don't know how to trigger the QGIS rebuild...

I think the rebuild of qgis should be part of this update since qgis-grass will break for every update of grass.

User Icon gem commented & provided feedback on grass-7.4.0-2.fc27 2 years ago