The problem noted above is probably the Wayland incompatibility that has been noted earlier. I don't think it has anything to do with the changes in this update, so I'm going to push it stable. Suggestions on how to figure out the Wayland issue are welcome.
I am withdrawing this update due to the issue described in the linked bugzilla entry. I'm not pushing the new version without the faulty patch to F32 yet either because of the upstream bug the patch was trying to solve. We'll try this again later once somebody figures out how to fix the upstream bug without breaking anything.
I have a custom mock config which is a copy of /etc/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg with this added to the end:
config_opts['dnf.conf'] += """ [jerry] name=jerry baseurl=/home/jjames/yum/33/x86_64/Packages gpgcheck=0 enabled=1 skip_if_unavailable=False """
This has worked for many years, but with mock-2.0-2.fc31.noarch, I get:
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'jerry': - Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///home/jjames/yum/33/x86_64/Packages/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn't open file /home/jjames/yum/33/x86_64/Packages/repodata/repomd.xml] Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'jerry': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
The man page is not revealing what changed, or what I need to do to make this work again. I'm sure I'm not the only packager with a private repository, so if this needs to be done differently now, i think attention should be drawn to the new way of configuring mock. The path that curl is complaining about does exist, but is only readable by me and privileged processes. What user needs ACLs to that path to keep this working?
I'm not going to give negative karma, because this update is important, but it does break a workflow that I use frequently.
There is already a pending update for mscore: FEDORA-2019-faf77f9708. If this one is pushed to stable first, we're going to have a problem. Can you either add steinberg-bravura-fonts to this update (in which case I will withdraw the other update) or be sure not to let this one go stable until the other has? It has 5 days to go if no karma is given, which is what I expect.
This is kind of a strange place to have a conversation. :-) I am actually at work building everything needed to get sagemath 8.7 into Fedora 30. It's probably going to take a couple of days; polymake alone takes many hours to build. But watch for another update soon. If you could test it and provide karma, that alone is helpful. Thanks!