Comments

42 Comments

Confirmed fixed the bug. Thanks!

BZ#1976653 dracut lock-up of 1m30s in initrd due to new dbus-broker ordering causing slow boot

I was not able to trigger the bug after a half dozen logout/login to the same user. However, I do notice that thee are a lot of geoclue processes that are not cleaned up:

 fedora33# ps -fe | grep sfalco
 sfalco       911       1  0 11:11 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd --user
 sfalco       912     911  0 11:11 ?        00:00:00 (sd-pam)
 sfalco      1130       1  0 11:11 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      1749       1  0 11:12 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      2357       1  0 11:13 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      2966       1  0 11:13 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      3560       1  0 11:14 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      4187       1  0 11:15 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      4794       1  0 11:16 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
 sfalco      5228     911  0 11:17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-broker-launch --scope user
 sfalco      5229    5228  0 11:17 ?        00:00:00 dbus-broker --log 4 --controller 11 --machine-id 453c53fe1e0e40538136bd60780043d7 --max-bytes 100000000000000 --max-fds 25000000000000 --max-matches 5000000000
BZ#1861700 login stuck when changing users repeatedly (log out, log in a different one)
karma

I was able to build KiCad for aarch64.

BZ#1830472 undefined reference to `__aarch64_ldadd4_acq_rel

Works fine. Thanks for the rapid fix.

BZ#1799227 ckermit: FTBFS in Fedora rawhide/f32

I tried merging bcm283x-firmware-20200306-1.163d84c.fc32.aarch64.rpm into several images:

Fedora-Workstation-32-20200225.n.0.aarch64.raw.xz Fedora-Workstation-32-20200307.n.0.aarch64.raw.xz Fedora-Workstation-32-20200308.n.0.aarch64.raw.xz

In all cases, the dracut shell bug is still present.

BZ#1810134 Raspberry Pi 4 rev 1.2 gets stuck in dracut shell on boot.
karma

Works properly. Thanks!

BZ#1765939 cqrlog-2.4.0 is available
BZ#1770478 cqrlog+wsjt gives an "Invalid type cast." error message
karma

As per https://www.cqrlog.com/comment/7947#comment-7947 it looks like there is a significant bug in cqrlog-2.4.0, and upstream has recommended rebuilding with the tip of the source tree rather than with cqrlog-2.4.0.tar.gz.

karma

As per https://www.cqrlog.com/comment/7947#comment-7947 it looks like there is a significant bug in cqrlog-2.4.0, and upstream has recommended rebuilding with the tip of the source tree rather than with cqrlog-2.4.0.tar.gz.

karma

I tried this build and it fixes #1765939 and #1770478. Thanks!

BZ#1765939 cqrlog-2.4.0 is available
BZ#1770478 cqrlog+wsjt gives an "Invalid type cast." error message

This update has been unpushed.

karma

I rebuilt kicad with it and it resolved the issue.

BZ#1666505 libngspice produces a megabyte of unwanted status with % and backspaces
karma

Works great. And a very necessary upgrade since so many people have switched to the 2.0 protocol.

This does not need to be pushed to users because there are no functionality changes. However, a spec file change has been committed, to fix future builds.

Kernel 4.18.16-200.fc28.armv7hl fixes a serious Ethernet issue on ARM Wandboards. As such, it is important to make this kernel available as an update to Fedora as quickly as possible.

BZ#1628209 kernel 4.18.5-200.fc28.armv7hl has non-functional ethernet on wandboard quad
karma

Restoring the old soname behavior fixes my issue. I am able to install and run the -6 build with no problems. Great job!

karma

Restoring the old soname behavior fixes my issue. I am able to install and run the -6 build with no problems. Great job!

It does not work for me. I ran that exact command. All it did was create:

libbaccats.so -> /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so

It did not create:

libbaccats-9.0.7.so -> libbaccats.so

I'd like to request that you delete your "libbaccats-9.0.7.so -> libbaccats.so" symlink on your machine. Then run the command and see if "libbaccats-9.0.7.so -> libbaccats.so" is re-created for you.

If alternatives creates "libbaccats-9.0.7.so -> libbaccats.so" for you, then there is something that is keeping it from working properly for me. I'd like to figure out what that is...

I may not be using alternatives correctly. As per the readme, if I do:

alternatives --config libbaccats.so

then I only get:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root        31 Jun 11 10:13 libbaccats.so -> /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so*

What command did you use to create the link:

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root  13 May 14 09:35 /usr/lib64/libbaccats-9.0.7.so -> libbaccats.so

I see in your 'ls' that your libbaccats-9.0.7.so has a different date from your other files, so I'm wondering how it got created.

karma

One last time trying to post karma. Sorry for the noise...