This includes a few fixes to the previous release and is a recommended update for all sites.
The most important changes are:
- There's no longer any crazy logic to identify whether a given view is used for a particular entity's display, instead it just handles the core entities and adds a hook to allow custom modules to expand it further; see metatag.api.php for details of the new hook.
- The Viewport meta tag will no longer try splitting onto separate tags because it finds a comma; incidentally it's now only possible to have one Viewport meta tag.
- An update script is provided to convert data from the Page Title module; see the README.txt file in the metatag_importer submodule for details.
Full changelog since v7.x-1.6:
- Issue #2537738 by deepak_zyxware: Incorrect path to fb_social settings page.
- Issue #2535178 by DamienMcKenna: 'multiple' option on Viewport causes problems with the meta tag's intended values.
- Issue #2524460 by DamienMcKenna, adriancotter, gbirch, jrb: Remove custom wrangling for Views-based custom entity displays, added new hook to allow other modules to customize as needed (hook_metatag_views_post_render_get_entity).
- Issue #2199533 by Adrian Richardson, DamienMcKenna, mairi: Don't reload entities when processing tokens, it causes problems with content workflows.
- Issue #2513892 by DamienMcKenna: Tests for user objects.
- Issue #1658970 by DamienMcKenna, stefan.r, subhojit777, HyperGlide, jenlampton: Drush script to convert data from the Page Title module.
Please login to add feedback.