Changes in tbb 2017:
- static_partitioner class is now a fully supported feature.
- async_node class is now a fully supported feature.
- Improved dynamic memory allocation replacement on Windows* OS to skip
DLLs for which replacement cannot be done, instead of aborting.
- Intel TBB no longer performs dynamic memory allocation replacement
for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
- For 64-bit platforms, quadrupled the worst-case limit on the amount
of memory the Intel TBB allocator can handle.
- Added TBB_USE_GLIBCXX_VERSION macro to specify the version of GNU
libstdc++ when it cannot be properly recognized, e.g. when used
with Clang on Linux* OS. Inspired by a contribution from David A.
- Added graph/stereo example to demostrate tbb::flow::async_msg.
- Removed a few cases of excessive user data copying in the flow graph.
- Reworked split_node to eliminate unnecessary overheads.
- Added support for C++11 move semantics to the argument of
- Added C++11 move constructor and assignment operator to
tbb::combinable template class.
- Added tbb::this_task_arena::max_concurrency() function and
max_concurrency() method of class task_arena returning the maximal
number of threads that can work inside an arena.
- Deprecated tbb::task_arena::current_thread_index() static method;
use tbb::this_task_arena::current_thread_index() function instead.
- All examples for commercial version of library moved online:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/product-code-samples. Examples are
available as a standalone package or as a part of Intel(R) Parallel
Studio XE or Intel(R) System Studio Online Samples packages.
- Enabling use of C++11 'override' keyword by Raf Schietekat.
- Added a workaround for GCC bug #62258 in std::rethrow_exception()
to prevent possible problems in case of exception propagation.
- Fixed parallel_scan to provide correct result if the initial value
of an accumulator is not the operation identity value.
- Fixed a memory corruption in the memory allocator when it meets
- Fixed the memory allocator on 64-bit platforms to align memory
to 16 bytes by default for all allocations bigger than 8 bytes.
- As a workaround for crashes in the Intel TBB library compiled with
GCC 6, added -flifetime-dse=1 to compilation options on Linux* OS.
- Fixed a race in the flow graph implementation.
Backwards-incompatible changes in tbb 2017:
- Renamed following methods and types in async_node class:
- async_gateway_type => gateway_type
- async_gateway() => gateway()
- async_try_put() => try_put()
- async_reserve() => reserve_wait()
- async_commit() => release_wait()
- Internal layout of some flow graph nodes has changed; recompilation
is recommended for all binaries that use the flow graph.
The other packages are rebuilds due to backwards incompatible changes in tbb.
Please login to add feedback.