An update of Calamares to the latest upstream bugfix release, version 3.1.8.
Notable changes since 3.1.0:
- Improved salting for user passwords. (This is a minor security fix, see https://calamares.io/calamares-cve/ for details.)
- Crash on startup when no installation-devices are found has been fixed.
- Support for very small screens (800x600) is improved.
- Hostnames may be up to 63 characters in length, conforming to RFC1123 and various LDAP schemas.
- System language, locale settings and keyboard are now guessed based on installer language and location.
.desktop file (menu entry) is now translated.
- Python job modules can be translated now.
- The Summary page now shows language and number-formats information.
- The Quit and Done buttons now have a tooltip explaining what they will do.
- If installation fails, the system won’t reboot automatically on the last Calamares page.
- Fat32 filesystems are now handled correctly even when misspelled (thanks Kai Hohmen).
- Filesystem sizes are now shown with an MB suffix (thanks Lisa Vitolo).
- A race condition leading to crashes when starting Calamares has been resolved.
- The Packages module has been seriously revamped; it is now also translatable.
- Translations in the partitioning module have been improved.
- Encrypted swap is now correctly configured.
- Minor visual improvements.
- (bug) Netinstall would crash if the returned netinstall-groups data was empty.
- (regression vs. 3.0.x) UI glitch: netinstall would display the description as the name (ignoring the actual name) and show an empty description.
- Use more support code from KPMCore, instead of doing it ourselves.
Please login to add feedback.