Try to mitigate bug #1583599
ClamAV 0.100.0 is a feature release which includes many code submissions from the ClamAV community. Some of the more prominent submissions include:
- Interfaces to the Prelude SIEM open source package for collecting ClamAV virus events.
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 for Windows builds. Please note that we have deprecated support for Windows XP, and while Vista may still work, we no longer test ClamAV on Windows XP or Vista.
- Support libmspack internal code or as a shared object library. The internal library is the default and includes modifications to enable parsing of CAB files that do not entirely adhere to the CAB file format.
- Linking with OpenSSL 1.1.0.
- Deprecation of the AllowSupplementaryGroups parameter statement in clamd, clamav-milter, and freshclam. Use of supplementary is now in effect by default.
- Numerous bug fixes, typo corrections, and compiler warning fixes.
Additionally, upstream introduced important changes and new features in ClamAV 0.100, including but not limited to:
- Deprecating internal LLVM code support. The configure script has changed to search the system for an installed instance of the LLVM development libraries, and to otherwise use the bytecode interpreter for ClamAV bytecode signatures. To use the LLVM Just-In-Time compiler for executing bytecode signatures, please ensure that the LLVM development package at version 3.6 or lower is installed. Using the deprecated LLVM code is possible with the command:
./configure --with-system-llvm=no, but it no longer compiles on all platforms.
- Compute and check PE import table hash (a.k.a. "imphash") signatures.
- Support file property collection and analysis for MHTML files.
- Raw scanning of PostScript files.
- Fix clamsubmit to use the new virus and false positive submission web interface.
- Optionally, flag files with the virus "Heuristic.Limits.Exceeded" when size limitations are exceeded.
- Improved decoders for PDF files.
- Reduced number of compile time warnings.
- Improved support for C++11.
- Improved detection of system installed libraries.
- Fixes to ClamAV's Container system and the introduction of Intermediates for more descriptive signatures.
- Improvements to clamd's On-Access scanning capabilities for Linux.
Please login to add feedback.