Update flatpak and portals to latest versions
This is the first pre-release before flatpak 1.0. This is considered
feature-complete and we expect no features or major changes before
1.0, only bugfixes.
Note: There were some (minor) API changes in the FlatpakTransaction
APIs that were added in 0.11.8, so please don't use the old
version. (Note: I know of no user of this API).
Changes since last minor release:
- Ostree 2018.6 is required, and with this, the p2p code in
flatpak is made non-optional.
- flatpak install/update/ininstall now lists all the operations
that it will do and asks for confirmation before starting.
- In the above confirmation the permissions (new permissions
for updates) are shown for all applications.
- The FlatpakTranscation API has a new ::ready signal that
allows users to do similar confirmation prompts.
- P2P updates are more efficient
- system-wide installation uses less fsync calls so should
installation should be faster.
- New ssh agent permissions allows granting an app
- Add initial support for Snap packages.
- Fix memory leaks when ownership of bus names changes.
- Include docs for the session, remote desktop and screencast portals.
- document-portal: Be more flexible validating apps' IDs.
- document-portal: Be more strict when checking & granting file access.
- file-chooser: Fix crash with unitialized data in the save dialog.
- open-uri: Don't ever skip showing the dialog if a threshold is set.
- open-uri: Don't register http: URIs for sandboxed handlers.
- remote-desktop: Use the correct device type values.
- screencast: Fix synchronization issue with PipeWire.
- Import permission store from flatpak
- Import document portal from flatpak
- Add remote desktop portal
- Add screencast portal
- Add "interactive" mode to screenshot portal
- file-chooser: Don't return document paths for paths the application has direct access to
- Handle newer version of bubblewrap
- New abstraction for application info, supporting multiple sandbox technologies
- Add basic test suite
- remotedesktop: Add support for the 'finish' flag of NotifyPointerAxis.
- remotedesktop: Correctly expose device types supporting remote control.
- print: Add a 'Print Preview' button (requires evince-previewer).
- screenshot: Make sure the dialog is shown in the interactive case.
- Fix critical in file chooser
- Add options to screenshot portals
- Add screencast and remote portal implementations
- Various build fixes
- Do more permission checks
- Add support for doing async connections. This can be used to
make connections through the portal later.
- Fix device creation from the GStreamer device monitor
- v4l2 experiment with controls
- move rtkit to a module to avoid dbus dependency
- use dmabuf allocator in gstreamer elements
- Add DSP module for pro audio cases, remove jack module. The
idea is to make a replacement jack client library that talks
pipewire directly instead of trying to emulate a jack server.
- Various memory handling improvements