2014-02-01 - New major features!
- New command line tools, both have script parsable output if needed
- samusrgrp : group membership list / edit
- sampasswd : user list and password reset
- The commands uses new library functions (libsam.c) for adding and removing users from local groups (group membership), including lower lever SID handling functions.
- Known BUG: If a user is member of no (0) groups, adding it to a group often crashes my program
- Interactive chntpw program changed a bit to then do groups, too. Also easier to quit (more logical looping / menu selections)
- Also note that some command line parameters for chntpw has changed, and it may be better to use sampasswd or samusrgrp in many "automatic" situations.
- Fixed a few smaller issues by myself
- Jacky To got two bugs, one nasty one that could thrash the hive when deleting bottom value in a key, and problem with uninitialized pointers when expanding the hive (would lead to a crash, no corruption I think). Both bugs fixed I hope.
- Steven Shiau submitted a patch making the scripting easier, I decided to go for completely new commands instead. But thank you to all who suggested the same.
- Also thanks to David Collett for catching and fixing bug in REG_MULTI_SZ editing.
v 1.00 140201:
new library, contains functions for user and group
manipulation and low level SID functions. Main features:
- add user to local group
- remove user from local group
- reset user password
- list users and groups, with memberships etc
- SID handling routines (binary to/from string etc) required by
group/user edit functions
- updates both group and user correctly, thus finally user "promotion" works!
- Enter buil-in buffer debugger only if in trace mode, else return error or abort()
- Fixed critical bug in del_value which could
thrash the hive when removing value in bottom of key.
- And a pointer not reinitialized when buffer reallocated in some cases, fixed.
Thanks to Jacky To for reporting those two.
- Some minor adjustments for compiler. A few more utility functions.
new command line utility
- Can be used to reset users passwords from scripts (non interactive)
- Also a few list options, also can supply parsable output
new command line utility
- edit group memberships (non interactive)
- some list functions, parsable
- Now dedicated to interactive edits
- Now supports full local group membership edits, finally working promotion!
- A lot of users complained about user select being difficult to exit
(not understanding to use ! to quit), so after user edit, return
is to main menu or program exit (if not -i option)
- User edit (reset, promote etc) now loops instead until q for quit
Please login to add feedback.