Version 31.0.0 "Dolores In A Shoestand" 2019-02-09
New features and enhancements
- all programs: added a new option
--abort-on-warnings that will cause the program to abort after it has emitted the first warning, similar to how it aborts after the first error. Implements #2493.
- mkvmerge, mkvextract: when closing files that were opened for writing, cached data will not be flushed to storage automatically anymore. This reverts the workaround implemented for #2469. A new option was added to both programs (
--flush-on-close) that re-enables flushing for people who are affected by data loss such as described in #2469. The reason is that automatic flushing causes long delays in processing queues when the output by mkvmerge/mkvextract isn't the final product but just an intermediate result to be processed further. Implements #2480.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the dialog previewing different character sets for text subtitles will now keep the position of the displayed text when switching between character sets. Implements #2489.
- mkvmerge: AVI reader: using DV type 1 AVIs will now result in an unsupported file type being reported (as the underlying AVI library doesn't support them) instead of crashing mkvmerge. Fixes #2491.
- mkvmerge: HEVC: the height of interlaced streams will now be set correctly to the height of the full frame instead of the height of a single interlaced field. Fixes #2446.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: edit lists consisting solely of elements that mkvmerge doesn't support (such as dwells) are simply ignored. Before no data was read for such tracks at all. Fixes #2487.
- mkvmerge: text subtitles: entries with an explicit duration of 0ms will now be handled correctly: the 0ms duration will be stored in Matroska instead of the difference between the current and the following entry. Fixes #2490.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, chapter editor: fixed drag & drop handling with Qt 5.12.0 and newer. Fixes #2472.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI did not clean up temporary files created when running
mkvmerge. Fixes #2499.
Build system changes
- Qt 5.4.0 or newer has required (up from 5.3.0) since version 30.0.0; I just forgot to include this entry.
Version 30.1.0 "Forever And More" 2019-01-05
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: when opening a Matroska/WebM file that doesn't contain chapters and later saving chapters back to them, the editor was truncating the file down to a couple of KB in size. This was a regression introduced with the implementation of #2439 in v30.0.0 Fixes #2476.
Version 30.0.0 "Interstellar" 2019-01-04
New features and enhancements
- mkvextract: WAV extractor: mkvextract will now write W64 files instead of WAV files if the file name extension is
.w64 or if the final file size is bigger than 4 GB, the file size limit for WAV files. Implements #2458.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: a new button was added next to the "destination file" controls. Clicking it shows a menu with the ten most recently used output directories. Selecting one of them will change the destination file to the selected directory keeping the file name. Implements #2468.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer (preferences): the ten most recently used values for the "relative output directory" and "fixed output directory" settings are now saved. The corresponding settings have been changed into combo boxes allowing quick access to those recent values.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer (preferences): the predefined split sizes and durations can now be customized in the preferences.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an option in the "Chapter editor" menu for appending chapters from an existing file to the currently open editor tab. Part of the implementation of #2439.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an action in the context menu for copying the selected entry and all of its children to another open editor tab. Part of the implementation of #2439.
- mkvmerge: all files opened for writing will now be flushed once before
they're closed. This ensures the operating system actually writes all cached data to disk preventing data loss in certain situations such as power outages or buggy drivers in combination with suspending the computer. Fixes #2469.
- mkvmerge: AAC: under certain conditions 8 channel audio files were taken for 7 channel ones.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: removing a file added as an "additional part" will no longer cause a crash. Fixes #2461.
- source code: fixed compilation with Boost 1.69.0 after API-breaking change to the
boost::tribool class. Fixes #2460.
After installing this update it is required that you logout of
your current user session and log back in to ensure the changes
supplied by this update are applied properly.