Bring in the font packaging macros, as these were recently approved by the packaging committee.

How to install

sudo dnf upgrade --advisory=FEDORA-2020-296917559c

This update has been submitted for testing by tibbs.

8 months ago

This update's test gating status has been changed to 'waiting'.

8 months ago

This update's test gating status has been changed to 'ignored'.

8 months ago
User Icon nim commented & provided feedback 8 months ago
karma

Same code as in F32 and F33

This update has been pushed to testing.

8 months ago
User Icon pwalter commented & provided feedback 8 months ago
karma

Big packaging changes like this should never be pushed to a stable release. Please keep it to F32- branches or ask a FESCo exception. Thanks.

Bodhi is disabling automatic push to stable due to negative karma. The maintainer may push manually if they determine that the issue is not severe.

8 months ago

@pwalter: anterior fonts packaging macros are grandfathered in this package, and the rest is technically identical, so existing specs will continue to build as-is. It does not change existing state

OTOH, if the package is not pushed to FC31, we’ll have guidelines that can not apply to all stable releases, and packagers won’t be able to backport easily new fonts packages to F31.

Guidelines took ~2 years to write and they replace a 10-years old version that no longer work and is in a broken state due to a botched wiki → asciidoc conversion

User Icon nim commented & provided feedback 8 months ago
karma

As requested, FESCO examined the situation today

  • FPC approval is sufficient in this case. (contyk, 16:54:25)
  • No explicit approval needed for backwards compatible changes Close the ticket. (contyk, 16:59:56)

https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2344

Please un-block the update

User Icon iucar commented & provided feedback 8 months ago
karma

This update is needed to build fonts under the new guidelines in F31.

User Icon iucar commented & provided feedback 7 months ago
karma

Why is this still in testing?

I assume it's still in testing because of the negative karma which was left; I am not offered the option of pushing to stable. I do not know what else I can do at this point as long as the negative karma remains.

User Icon sgallagh commented & provided feedback 7 months ago
karma

Adding karma to hopefully unblock this.

This update has been submitted for stable by tibbs.

7 months ago
User Icon cverna commented & provided feedback 7 months ago
karma

Let's unblock that

Thanks for the unblocking. I’ll post a status update to -devel when it hits stable

This update has been pushed to stable.

7 months ago

Please login to add feedback.

Metadata
Type
enhancement
Severity
low
Karma
3
Signed
Content Type
RPM
Test Gating
Settings
Unstable by Karma
-3
Stable by Karma
disabled
Stable by Time
disabled
Dates
submitted
8 months ago
in testing
8 months ago
in stable
7 months ago

Automated Test Results