This update has been submitted for testing by mfabik.
This update's test gating status has been changed to 'ignored'.
This update's test gating status has been changed to 'waiting'.
This bumps the soname of libreport.so from libreport.so.0 to libreport.so.1, so it cannot go stable without at minimum rebuilds of everything in Fedora that depends on libreport.so.0, which looks to be at least:
However, also note that soname bumps are generally supposed to be avoided entirely as much as possible in stable updates, and especially for critpath packages. Is this one really necessary? See the update policy: "ABI changes in general are very strongly discouraged, they force larger update sets on users and they make life difficult for third-party packagers...Package maintainers SHOULD: Push only major bug fixes and security fixes to the previous stable releases [this refers to Fedora 31 at present]..."
note, if we go ahead with this bump, the rebuilds of dependent packages need to be added to this update, not submitted separately.
This update has been pushed to testing.
Bodhi is disabling automatic push to stable due to negative karma. The maintainer may push manually if they determine that the issue is not severe.
# dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing upgrade libreport
Problem: problem with installed package python3-abrt-2.14.2-3.fc31.x86_64
- package python3-abrt-2.14.2-3.fc31.x86_64 requires libreport.so.0()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install both libreport-2.14.0-1.fc31.x86_64 and libreport-2.13.1-3.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install both libreport-2.13.1-3.fc31.x86_64 and libreport-2.14.0-1.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install both libreport-2.10.1-2.fc31.x86_64 and libreport-2.14.0-1.fc31.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package libreport-2.13.1-3.fc31.x86_64
Broken deps as previously noted
This update has been obsoleted.
Please login to add feedback.
Submitting this will the tests again.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Red Hat, Inc. and
bodhi is Free Software.
if you have any problems. Read the documentation.