Update to 0.7.1 (#1849403)
sudo dnf upgrade --advisory=FEDORA-2020-5d50681597
This update has been submitted for testing by eclipseo.
This update's test gating status has been changed to 'ignored'.
This update's test gating status has been changed to 'waiting'.
This update has been pushed to testing.
Upgrading fails if ffmpeg-libs (rpmfusion-free-updates) is installed. I know this is not part of fedora, so not giving negative feedback, but a lot of user will have installed it.
$ LC_ALL=C sudo dnf upgrade --enablerepo=updates-testing --advisory=FEDORA-2020-5d50681597
Problem: problem with installed package ffmpeg-libs-4.2.3-4.fc32.x86_64
- package ffmpeg-libs-4.2.3-4.fc32.x86_64 requires libdav1d.so.3()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install both libdav1d-0.7.1-1.fc32.x86_64 and libdav1d-0.5.2-2.fc32.x86_64
- cannot install both libdav1d-0.5.2-2.fc32.x86_64 and libdav1d-0.7.1-1.fc32.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package libdav1d-0.5.2-2.fc32.x86_64
Package Architecture Version Repository Size
Skipping packages with conflicts:
(add '--best --allowerasing' to command line to force their upgrade):
libdav1d x86_64 0.7.1-1.fc32 updates-testing 376 k
Skip 1 Package
Nothing to do.
Same here. This is now a catch-22: rpmfusion cannot rebuild until this update goes stable from what I know.
This includes an ABI change: should this be hitting F32 at all? I expect other packages in Fedora will also need a rebuild? (I can't seem to find an update announcement for the ABI bump on -devel)
FYI I'm pushing the rebuilt ffmpeg package to stable repo tomorrow
Hey sorry for noticing that only now. Since dav1d was already at 0.7.0 in dist-git, I thought they was no SONAME bump.
There is a need to be careful when merging branches. dav1d was in 0.7.0 only on the master branch on purpose.
ABI break in stable fedora release has severe implications:
- In-habitability to downgrade dependencies to the release repository as a fallback for any regression.
- Break many other 3rd part repos like any copr. Advertising them is way too heavy leading to uncertainty an stability issues to end-users face.
- There is a need to advertise many people to handle the break, each of them have their own pace.
- When projects are still breaking ABI, then it's not certain that a new ABI break won't be soon, so unless it's proven that upstream have found their stable ABI or even care at not breaking ABI, there will be many breakage.
I don't like this at all. But above all, I want to avoid an in-between situation, so here is my +1
If one wants to fetch the latest dav1d code, it's possible to rely on the rpmfusion/ffmpeg container from docker hub instead.
This update can be pushed to stable now if the maintainer wishes
This update has been submitted for stable by bodhi.
This update has been pushed to stable.
Please login to add feedback.
Confirm request to re-trigger tests.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Red Hat, Inc. and
bodhi is Free Software.
if you have any problems. Read the documentation.