Redis 6.0.10 Released Tue Jan 12 16:20:20 IST 2021
Upgrade urgency MODERATE: several bugs with moderate impact are fixed,
Here is a comprehensive list of changes in this release compared to 6.0.9.
Command behavior changes:
- SWAPDB invalidates WATCHed keys (#8239)
- SORT command behaves differently when used on a writable replica (#8283)
- EXISTS should not alter LRU (#8016)
In Redis 5.0 and 6.0 it would have touched the LRU/LFU of the key.
- OBJECT should not reveal logically expired keys (#8016)
Will now behave the same TYPE or any other non-DEBUG command.
- GEORADIUS[BYMEMBER] can fail with -OOM if Redis is over the memory limit (#8107)
Other behavior changes:
- Sentinel: Fix missing updates to the config file after SENTINEL SET command (#8229)
- CONFIG REWRITE is atomic and safer, but requires write access to the config file's folder (#7824, #8051)
This change was already present in 6.0.9, but was missing from the release notes.
Bug fixes with compatibility implications (bugs introduced in Redis 6.0):
- Fix RDB CRC64 checksum on big-endian systems (#8270)
If you're using big-endian please consider the compatibility implications with
RESTORE, replication and persistence.
- Fix wrong order of key/value in Lua's map response (#8266)
If your scripts use redis.setresp() or return a map (new in Redis 6.0), please
consider the implications.
- Fix an issue where a forked process deletes the parent's pidfile (#8231)
- Fix crashes when enabling io-threads-do-reads (#8230)
- Fix a crash in redis-cli after executing cluster backup (#8267)
- Handle output buffer limits for module blocked clients (#8141)
Could result in a module sending reply to a blocked client to go beyond the limit.
- Fix setproctitle related crashes. (#8150, #8088)
Caused various crashes on startup, mainly on Apple M1 chips or under instrumentation.
- Backup/restore cluster mode keys to slots map for repl-diskless-load=swapdb (#8108)
In cluster mode with repl-diskless-load, when loading failed, slot map wouldn't
have been restored.
- Fix oom-score-adj-values range, and bug when used in config file (#8046)
Enabling setting this in the config file in a line after enabling it, would
have been buggy.
- Reset average ttl when empty databases (#8106)
Just causing misleading metric in INFO
- Disable rehash when Redis has child process (#8007)
This could have caused excessive CoW during BGSAVE, replication or AOFRW.
- Further improved ACL algorithm for picking categories (#7966)
Output of ACL GETUSER is now more similar to the one provided by ACL SETUSER.
- Fix bug with module GIL being released prematurely (#8061)
Could in theory (and rarely) cause multi-threaded modules to corrupt memory.
- Reduce effect of client tracking causing feedback loop in key eviction (#8100)
- Fix cluster access to unaligned memory (SIGBUS on old ARM) (#7958)
- Fix saving of strings larger than 2GB into RDB files (#8306)
- Avoid wasteful transient memory allocation in certain cases (#8286, #5954)
Platform / toolchain support related improvements:
- Fix crash log registers output on ARM. (#8020)
- Add a check for an ARM64 Linux kernel bug (#8224)
Due to the potential severity of this issue, Redis will print log warning on startup.
- Raspberry build fix. (#8095)
New configuration options:
- oom-score-adj-values config can now take absolute values (besides relative ones) (#8046)
Module related fixes:
- Moved RMAPI_FUNC_SUPPORTED so that it's usable (#8037)
- Improve timer accuracy (#7987)
- Allow '\0' inside of result of RM_CreateStringPrintf (#6260)
Please login to add feedback.