This update fixes some user interface problems with Fedora third-party repository handling.
Testing this update is a bit tricky since it has to be present when gnome-initial-setup runs after installation. I'd recommend the following procedure:
- Install the Beta
- Before rebooting - open a terminal:
rpm -Uvh https://<download location>/fedora-third-party-0.9.1-1.fc36.noarch.rpm
- In gnome-initial-setup opt-in to third party software
- Open GNOME Software and the repositories dialog, verify that "Fedora Flathub Selection" appears under "Fedora Third Party Repositories"
- Go to flathub.org, follow the quick setup instructions for Fedora, downloading the repository file, not using the CLI command - (upstream bug)
- In the Software Repositories dialog, verify that "Flathub" appears under "Applications Flatpak" and "Fedora Flathub Selection" no longer appears under "Fedora Third Party Repositories"
- Power off the VM and restore back to the "Just Installed" snapshot
- In gnome-initial-setup opt-out from third party software
- Open GNOME Software and the repositories dialog, verify that "Fedora Flathub Selection" appears under "Fedora Third Party Repositories", and is disabled
- Enable it, check that you can find "Minecraft" when searching in GNOME Software
How to install
Updates may require up to 24 hours to propagate to mirrors. If the following command doesn't work, please retry later:
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh --advisory=FEDORA-2022-f2efc42252
Please login to add feedback.