Here are the new features and improvements in ClamAV 0.98.3:
- Support for common raw disk image formats using 512 byte sectors, specifically GPT, APM, and MBR partitioning.
- Experimental support of OpenIOC files. ClamAV will now extract file hashes from OpenIOC files residing in the signature database location, and generate ClamAV hash signatures. ClamAV uses no other OpenIOC features at this time. No OpenIOC files will be delivered through freshclam. See openioc.org and iocbucket.com for additional information about OpenIOC.
- All ClamAV sockets (clamd, freshclam, clamav-milter, clamdscan, clamdtop) now support IPV6 addresses and configuration parameters.
- Use OpenSSL file hash functions for improved performance. OpenSSL is now prerequisite software for ClamAV 0.98.3.
- Improved detection of malware scripts within image files. Issue reported by Maarten Broekman.
- Change to circumvent possible denial of service when processing icons within specially crafted PE files. Icon limits are now in place with corresponding clamd and clamscan configuration parameters. This issue was reported by Joxean Koret.
- Improvements to the fidelity of the ClamAV pattern matcher, an issue reported by Christian Blichmann.
- Opt-in collection of statistics. Statistics collected are: sizes and MD5 hashes of files, PE file section counts and section MD5 hashes, and names and counts of detected viruses. Enable statistics collection with the --enable-stats clamscan flag or StatsEnabled clamd configuration parameter.
- Improvements to ClamAV build process, unit tests, and platform support with assistance and suggestions by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior, Scott Kitterman, and Dave Simonson.
- Patch by Arkadiusz Miskiewicz to improve error handling in freshclam.
- ClamAV 0.98.3 also includes miscellaneous bug fixes and documentation improvements.
There are also fixes for other minor issues and code quality changes. Please see the ChangeLog file for details.
Please login to add feedback.