ClamAV 0.98.5 also includes these new features and bug fixes:
- Support for the XDP file format and extracting, decoding, and scanning PDF files within XDP files. Addition of shared library support for LLVM versions 3.1 - 3.5 for the purpose of just-in-time(JIT) compilation of ClamAV bytecode signatures. Andreas Cadhalpun submitted the patch implementing this support.
- Enhancements to the clambc command line utility to assist ClamAV bytecode signature authors by providing introspection into compiled bytecode programs.
- Resolution of many of the warning messages from ClamAV compilation.
- Improved detection of malicious PE files.
- Security fix for ClamAV crash when using 'clamscan -a'. This issue was identified by Kurt Siefried of Red Hat.
- Security fix for ClamAV crash when scanning maliciously crafted yoda's crypter files. This issue, as well as several other bugs fixed in this release, were identified by Damien Millescamp of Oppida.
- ClamAV 0.98.5 now works with OpenSSL in FIPS compliant mode. Thanks to Reinhard Max for supplying the patch.
- Bug fixes and other feature enhancements.
Please see the ChangeLog file or GIT log for further details.
Please login to add feedback.