ClamAV 0.101.5 is a security patch release that addresses the following issues.
- CVE-2019-15961: A Denial-of-Service (DoS) vulnerability may occur when scanning a specially crafted email file as a result of excessively long scan times. The issue is resolved by implementing several maximums in parsing MIME messages and by optimizing use of memory allocation.
- Added the zip scanning improvements found in v0.102.0 where it scans files using zip records from a sorted catalogue which provides deduplication of file records resulting in faster extraction and scan time and reducing the likelihood of alerting on non-malicious duplicate file entries as overlapping files.
- Signature load time is significantly reduced by changing to a more efficient algorithm for loading signature patterns and allocating the AC trie. Patch courtesy of Alberto Wu.
- Introduced a new configure option to statically link libjson-c with libclamav. Static linking with libjson is highly recommended to prevent crashes in applications that use libclamav alongside another JSON parsing library.
- Null-dereference fix in email parser when using the --gen-json metadata option.
Add TimeoutStartSec=420 to clamd@.service to match upstream
Please login to add feedback.