- Fixed UI freeze when asterisk key was pressed
- Fixed an exception when reading a large APE tag
- Fixed album artist not being displayed for .m4a files
- Fixed a crash on exit with a plugin settings window open
- Fixed a crash when scrobbling with curl 7.71.0
Qt interface changes:
- Fixed files being moved instead of copied when dragged to a file manager
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Open/Add Folder
- Fixed space being reserved for disabled infobar visualization
- Fixed playlist rows sometimes changing height at song change
Qt Winamp Classic interface changes:
- Enabled window snapping to screen edges
- Enabled dragging files from file manager
- Fixed warnings when building Audacious with link-time optimizations
- Fixed stuck startup notification under MATE when Audacious was already running
- Updated translations
Qt interface fixes/updates:
- When the menu bar is hidden, an "Audacious" icon is added to the toolbar, allowing menu access
- A-to-B repeat is now available in the Playback menu and displayed in the time label
- The time slider no longer becomes invisible when the window is made very small
- Incorrect behavior of Shift-click selection in the playlist has been fixed
- The checkbox to "Show time scale for current song" in the info popup did nothing and has been removed
- A rare crash/freeze caused by a race condition in the ALSA output plugin has been fixed
- The EQ preset button in the Qt Winamp Classic interface now works
- The Qt Winamp Classic interface now has an option to stay on top of other windows
- The Song Info plugin now updates correctly when the title changes or playback stops
- Due to frequent crashes, the Stream Tuner plugin is now disabled by default
- Translations have been updated
Bug fixes since 4.0.1:
- Fixed a regression where the Enter key did not work in the playlist
- Fixed the seek bar changing width as the time counter increments
- Fixed the title bar getting stuck showing "Buffering"
- Added a workaround to ensure that the toolbar is not hidden on startup
- Fixed the Composer field not being saved when updating ID3v2 tags
This release is a minor bugfix release from version 4.0. The most notable changes are mitigations for KDE Plasma 5.18 which changed behavior in its Breeze theme that rendered Audacious basically unusable.
Full list of bug fixes and improvements:
- Audacious now works as expected when run under KDE Plasma 5.18 default settings.
- Audacious when running under QtUI will no longer block logout on KDE Plasma 5.18.
- Skinned windows are placed correctly when running under GTK+.
- Seeking in audio files when using the SoX resampler plugin will no longer crash the player.
This release switches to Qt 5 by default. The Qt UI has become quite polished by now. It will be quite familiar to users of the GTK2 UI, but it also brings a few nice-to-have improvements, such as a playlist view that is easier to navigate and sort.
GTK2 remains available and supported as a build option, but new features will only be added to the Qt UI going forward.
Some things that we wanted to get finished didn't make it into this release. In particular, the Qt port of the Winamp-like UI is still missing some key features such the Jump to Song window. Users of the Winamp-like UI may want to continue using GTK2 for now. The Windows builds are also still using GTK2, until some Windows-specific font size issues (on displays greater than 96 DPI) can be worked out in the Qt version.
New features and improvements:
- Clicking on playlist column headers sorts the playlist
- Dragging playlist column headers changes the column order
- Application-wide settings for volume and time step sizes
- New option to hide playlist tabs
- Sorting playlist by path now sorts folders after files
- Implemented additional MPRIS calls for compatibility with KDE 5.16+
- New OpenMPT-based tracker module plugin
- New VU Meter visualization plugin
- Added option to use a SOCKS network proxy
- The Song Change plugin now works on Windows
- New “Next Album” and “Previous Album” commands
- The tag editor in Qt UI can now edit multiple files at once
- Implemented equalizer presets window for Qt UI
- Lyrics plugin gained the ability to save and load lyrics locally
- Blur Scope and Spectrum Analyzer visualizations ported to Qt
- MIDI plugin soundfont selection ported to Qt
- JACK output plugin gained some new options
- Added option to endlessly loop PSF files
Bug fixes since 3.10.1:
- Fixed blurry application icon on Windows
- Cuesheet entries in an .m3u playlist are now added correctly
- Various minor fixes in handling of output stream
- Experimental support for building with meson
Please login to add feedback.