Caution: nsca client in the EL6 build is modified to run in legacy 2.7 mode in order to not change the behaviour from the previous version.
- Add --quiet mode to send_nsca (Timo Juhani Lindfors)
- Add --ds to specify block delimiters (for sending multiple checks at once) in send_nsca (Nate Rini)
- Add legacy_2_7_mode (for sending to nsca 2.7.x) to send_nsca (Adrian Freihofer, Xavier Bachelot)
- Add foreground mode (Nate Rini)
- Send errors to stderr, where they belong (Bas Couwenberg / Sean Finney)
- Fix crashes on ECONNABORTED (Craig Leres)
- Fix potential buffer overflow (Bas Couwenberg)
- Spelling fixes (Josh Soref, Lajos Veres, Bas Couwenberg)
- Removed escape newlines so that long output works (Bryan Heden)
- IPv6 support (Miquel van Smoorenburg / Stuart D. Gathman)
From upstream release notes :
- Renamed configure.in to configure.ac and added check for sigaction (John Frickson)
- Replaced all instances of signal() with sigaction() + blocking (John Frickson)
- Race condition when opening command file (mvela / John Frickson)
- Fix missing argument in open calls (Xavier Bachelot / John Frickson)
- NSCA close/POLLNVAL/accept bug causes hang (mib / John Frickson)
- Rewrite initscript
- Add sysconfig file support
- Add systemd support (F18+ only)
This is the latest release of nsca. This release increases the maximum message size from 512 characters to 4096 characters. The server is backward compatible with older nsca clients (pre 2.9.1) using the 512 characters messages as well as new nsca client (2.9.1+) using the 4096 characters messages. However, please make sure to update the server before updating the clients as the older server cannot handled messages from the newer clients.
Please login to add feedback.